A growing number of employers expect candidates to have or be working toward their Certification in Infection Prevention and Control, or CIC®, credential. Take the next step in your career by becoming certified in infection prevention and control!
The CIC® credential identifies healthcare professionals who have shown mastery in knowledge of infection prevention and control by sitting for and passing the certification exam. The CIC® credential shows a commitment to best practices in infection prevention and control and improved patient care and signals to your employer and colleagues that you are committed to your professional growth.
The CIC® credential is awarded by the Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology, Inc. (CBIC). The CBIC website contains a wealth of resources including Frequently Asked Questions, eligibility requirements, and information about re-certification.
How the Montana Flex Program & Hospital Improvement Innovation Network (HIIN) in partnership with DPHHS Hospital Acquired Infection Program are helping Montana’s Infection Preventionists receive their CIC credential:
- Offering candidates access to the: APIC Text Online: 1-Year Individual Subscription
- The APIC Text Online (ATO) is the most comprehensive and up-to-date reference for infection prevention and control. Written, reviewed, and regularly updated by more than 200 subject matter experts, the ATO reflects the latest guidelines, regulations, and standards of practice. Its easy-to-use, searchable online platform that allows you to quickly find the information you need.
- Non-member price: $219.00
- Member price: $169.00
- Providing candidates a copy of the: Certification Study Guide, 6th edition
- The Certification Study Guide, 6th edition was created by APIC to assist candidates preparing for the Certification in Infection Prevention and Control (CIC®) exam.
- Non-member price: 119.00
- Discounted member price: 99.00
- Conduct a bi-weekly IP Certification Review Study Group
- Pam Webb will be conducting a bi-weekly study group to prepare candidates for their CIC test. The group will be working through the CIC Online Review Course together, inviting subject matter experts to join in on calls, discussing the reasoning behind the correct answers and preparing for the exam.
- APIC Spring Meeting- Pre-session Workshop
- Bring together the study group for a half-day of review and exam prep. The group will work through one of the sample exams, discuss solutions, identify areas that will require additional study and finalize a plan for passing the exams by mid-August.